Thursday, June 23, 2011

harry potter-y things and self discovery

so i posted this on tumblr:
"so, i started thinking about my life and it has occurred to me that the people that i’ve been through the most stuff with, had the good times and the bad times with, have dealt with the bullshit with, and consider my closest friends, are fictional characters. i know more about them than i do about most of the people i know IRL. it’s kinda mind blowing. especially when i think about how hard it was for me to even write that. my mind is like “your bffs? fictional? stop playing”."

you know, it never actually occurred to me the impact HP has had on my life until this year. it hit me especially hard when i watched GoF back in april, and i almost cried after Cedric's death, despite rifftrax. i had never noticed how my HP memories blend in with IRL memories like there's no difference, and when it comes to school, my Hogwarts memories outnumber the public school ones.

it's safe to say that i lead a HP appreciation life now.

in other news:
- saw parts of inception again because it was on tv
- watched shutter island again. it's cool to watch it from the perspective of someone who knows the end result
- going to florida for with my family for the first time in 4 years :D
- still didn't finish Batman Begins
- probably gonna watch Tron: Legacy tonight. hopefully...
- had a lucid dream, but can't remember details
- finished PoA
- saw Wicked on broadway

so it looks like this absence was a little more eventful than my last.

mood: okay
listening to:lauradoestheastro
chapter: 4(5?), GoF

No comments:

Post a Comment