Tuesday, September 17, 2013

a teeny tiny thing

you know, i've never been a person to have high self-esteem, and i still don't, but i've noticed that i've been a bit into my own writing???

i've been reading stuff by gary cox, the guy who novelized the dark knight rises and man of steel, and just thinking, i write better than you. i've been doing this since last november and i write better than you. i made the same mistakes you did before i took that creative writing class. i write betTER THAN YOU. and like??? is that concieted? it feels like it because it comes from me, but maybe it's not. maybe i really am better than gary cox (at least a little bit). but i don't know for sure.

i think it's because there's a really weird disconnect between me and my writing sometimes? like, i mentioned this on my tumblr once, but i tend to look at my stuff as both the author and the audience, since i write mostly for myself. maybe i'm not better than gary cox, maybe y writing style is just super tailored to my own tastes.

though i'm pretty sure i'm better than gary cox. just saying.

speaking of, i reviewed the first chapter of the tdkr novelization on the other blog, so you can read that if you want. i wrote another blogpost yesterday too but i don't feel like linking to that b/c content. it's easy to find, don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment