Thursday, April 21, 2011

storytelling

so i was reading Hayley's newest blog post when she said something that really struck me. she was talking about how things like BEDA kinda force people to try and be creative, while the results aren't always as such. the reason this really resonated with me is because this is my first ever BEDA (seeing as i've only had this blog since last fall) and this is my basic reality.

another reason that this really spoke to me is because she also mentioned NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month), something that i was introduced to last year by Kristina Horner. it's basically what it sounds like: in November, writers use the month to write a 50,000 word novel. i didn't do it last year because it came upon me pretty much by surprise, and also because i'm really not into my own writing abilities. it sounds like fun, but the problem is exactly what Hayley and Kayley said above: it forces you to try to be creative, and the results aren't always the best. i see things like this as a challenge though, because no one has to do NanoWriMo, and everyone knows that you can't write a good book in just a month.

i feel the same way about BEDA: it's a challenge that you take. for me, it's a challenge for my memory. it's not the best, and i'm doing BEDA to challenge myself to remember to do these, and also as a challenge to follow through on something for once. of course, not all of my posts are of the best quality, but i haven't missed one blog this month. i definitely plan on doing Blog Everyday in August as well, and if all goes well, maybe NaNoWriMo will be in order :)

in other news:
inception is especially high today, due to the purchase of the soundtrack

mood: good
listening to: Sid The Science Kid

No comments:

Post a Comment